The most vital element of car maintenance is keeping your vehicle clean. Here, are several car maintenance tips.
- Clean the tires and body using separate cloth, so that the debris collected from the wheel doesn’t scratch the vehicle paint.
- Use proper cleaning products and a stiff brush when cleaning the car tires. This way you can remove the blackened front rims and brake dust.
- Avoid using household cleaners. Car cleaning products are specifically designed to keep the wax and finish in place.
- The rear generally accumulates the most amount of dirt; clean this area last.
- Use clean water to rinse the cloth regularly to avoid damaging the finish.
- Rinse the body thoroughly, including the fenders and wheels. Once you have a dry and clean surface, follow the directions of the manufacturer and apply the wax.
Car Maintenance Schedule
While keeping the car clean is vital, so is regular vehicle maintenance. Create a maintenance schedule and make certain you stick to it.
- Perform monthly checks for tire condition, inflation, lights, engine light, window washer fluid.
- Perform three months check for fluid, battery, automatic transmission, belts, oil and filter, engine air filter, fuel filter and cables.
- Perform six months check on polish and wiper blades, chassis lubrication.
- Perform twelve months check on cabin air filter, brakes, coolant, steering and suspension and spark plugs